Monday 27 February 2012

Passive Melancholia

Fifteen Feet of Pure White Snow, Nick Cave.
I'm watching Stop My Stutter with mum, and it was something of a surprise to see my little Gareth Gates, ten years after Will "Underdog" Young beat him to win Pop Idol. It's almost saddening. What happened to all these figures from my childhood? I remember when Orlando Bloom was the best thing since Mini Milks. He hasn't done anything good since the first Pirates. Nostalgia isn't always the happiest emotion.
I wish I knew more about love. What it is, what it means, whether I've felt it, whether I already am. The only thing I know about it so far is how much it pisses me off when people [more often than not, those my own age] throw it around like it means nothing - if they're right to do so, if it really does mean nothing, then why is it drummed into all of us that we haven't lived until we've found it? It annoys me.
Quote of the Day: It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. [Einstein]

No comments: